How did that Modern Tailor linen shirt work out for you? If it went well, which I assume it did since you're wearing it in your post, could you give me any advice on measurements. I would like to order another one since I botched the first try, but I want to get it right this time.
The fit is good. Much better than my previous attempts. It’s a tad snug around the armpit area, but not too much.
My best recommendation is to find a shirt that fits you well and use those measurements and don’t change anything. That’s the mistake I made. The shirt I measured was a little too big in the chest and sleeves so I slimmed it down a bit. It did not come out well. I should have just stuck to the original measurements.
It sucks for the most part, but gets the job done. It is part iron and part steamer. Not bad for $40.
So this was the process.
1. I steamed the 3 button creases out of the lapels.
2. I steamed the 2 button creases into the lapels.
3. I lightly ironed the creases under a press cloth using bursts of steam to set the crease in place.
It took all of 15 minutes. I think it worked well because the jacket was linen and very pliable. I’m not sure how well it would have worked on a stiffer cotton or wool. Anyway, good luck. Happy rolling.