I occasionally wear a “half Windsor” knot to work (the top knot). A coworker never believed my half Windsor was actually a half Windsor. He was quite adamant that it was a four in hand. I let him tie what he though was a half Windsor (the bottom knot).
I looked it up when I got home and yeah…I was wrong. Apparently I’ve been tying the half Windsor knot wrong for some 15 years. First, my shoelaces, now this. I’m pretty sure I’m putting my socks on right.
Despite my belief that symmetry is beauty (especially mathematically), I still like my knot better. Symmetric knots, I eschew for the askew.
10 Notes/ Hide
- coldcomfortofanemptyglass reblogged this from acutestyle
- thejackette likes this
- mybrotherbobby reblogged this from acutestyle and added:
- stylegirlfriend likes this
- evolutionofagentleman likes this
- browngirlsupremacy likes this
- mptskies likes this
- alwaysbewoke reblogged this from acutestyle and added:
- alwaysbewoke likes this
- acutestyle posted this