What to do if your NATO strap is too long?
I like NATO straps. They do a good job of adding extra color in a functional way. The straps are one size fits most. While they do fit me, there is usually a great deal of extra strap at the end. So what do you do with the extra strap? 7 options after the jump.
First, where to get straps. There are tons of options out there. Here are a few.
Option 1: Cut it off
I’ve never tried this before and don’t like the idea of it, but it could work.
Addendum: thesilentist and alifesuited both recommended this video for how to shorten your NATO strap. Whoever made the video does not do a close up of the finished product at the end. I wonder why? If anyone has done this and has close up pictures, let me know.
Option 2: Under-Under
Sometimes there is not too much extra strap. You can get away with just letting it hang out.
Option 3: Under-Over-Back-Under-Under
If there is not too much extra strap, you can tuck it under in this fashion. The camo strap has too much extra for this to work.
Option 4: Under-Under-Back-Under-Under
This works well with thicker straps where the rungs are not too far apart. The camo strap is too thin and the rungs are too close together for this work.
Option 5: Under-Under-Back-Over-Under
This works well with most straps. If the strap is too thick, the rungs are too far apart and/or their is not enough extra strap, it may come undone.
Option 6: Option 5 + 1
This is probably my favorite way to wear my NATO. It only works on longer straps though, but it’s very secure.
Option 7: Option 6 + 1
If you want even more security, you can, with a little finagling, get the above look. I rarely go this far, but every now and then you have to batten down the hatches.
Which one do you use? Enjoy.
38 Notes/ Hide
- gulenissen likes this
- singersurfer11 likes this
- miesian likes this
- notyourbatmans reblogged this from acutestyle
- simplygarrison likes this
- saifudeane16 reblogged this from acutestyle
- iamphl reblogged this from acutestyle
- christiangrech likes this
- angebuen reblogged this from acutestyle and added:
- gottalift88 reblogged this from acutestyle
- lado89 reblogged this from acutestyle
- sonotvincent likes this
- envelopedideas likes this
- sokkks likes this
- roscd likes this
- dgkb likes this
- thekidiknew likes this
- panatrophy reblogged this from acutestyle and added:
- doldrumsimon likes this
- tangodancingphdcandidate answered:Option #4 is preferred bu military types, because it allows the watch to be taken off in one move, which apparently is useful in combat
- jiforce answered:I’ve used both options 1 and 4 for my NATO straps. I find that using a lighter to seal the ends is useful for option 1, to prevent fraying.
- kellerwhale answered:roll it back through the first loop - the strap bends and learns the new shape quickly!
- evolutionofagentleman likes this
- shitfuckdoodoo likes this
- styleknotfashion answered:i go with number 4
- fuckyeahsteelydan likes this
- nerdbot likes this
- edwinzee likes this
- jo-wo answered:I usually go with 4. Might try 6 or 7 one of these days though
- knastic likes this
- thesilentist answered:Boom: vimeo.com/4057387…
- fshnflshnflsttos likes this
- girouxmcisaak answered:I always do 4.
- yooshenelee reblogged this from acutestyle
- shaunlukepatrickmitchell likes this
- dreeces reblogged this from acutestyle
- enjoynicethings likes this
- finchsparrow likes this
- theretardedones reblogged this from acutestyle
- eclecticstyles likes this
- jimmysshit likes this
- alifesuited answered:or for a more permanent solution youtu.be/Cx31V1_…
- thekyotomaiko answered:I have a very tiny wrist. I fold it back in under the metal.
- asphericalperspective answered:Aren’t you supposed to fold it back into the last loop? That’s what I see a lot of people do. Personally, I’m not a NATO fan.
- lukassuveg answered:I was under the impression that this excess length was simply meant to be “folded back” toward the clasp [no sarcasm].
- beyondfabric answered:I was wondering if I was the only one with this issue… Great insight, I usually go with number 4 Best
- beyondfabric likes this
- stylepoints reblogged this from acutestyle and added:
- acutestyle posted this