This Just In: Pendleton Wool Black Watch Hat
$16 @ eBay
Every now and then, I like to try out new things. I wouldn’t say that I’m jumping on a bandwagon so much as seeing if something fits in with my style. Believe it or not, I’ve only been wearing pocket squares for about two years now. There was a time when I found them a little awkward, but now I can’t imagine not wearing one.
I wear a hat everyday in the fall/winter. It’s usually a watch cap or a trapper hat. This is my first “serious” hat. Of course, it’s Black Watch. Don’t be surprised. I think it’s a fedora, but it may just be a bucket hat. It has been misshapen in it’s travels in the mail. I’m not sure how or if I can reshape it. Research later.
My wife hates it and thinks it looks ridiculous. I like it, but I’m not crazy about it right out of the box. I may need to size down a quarter inch. Also, I think it would look better if it had more structure to it. Hat’s are pretty cheap on eBay so I may get another one soon. So, what do you think?
14 Notes/ Hide
- mrdannyfactz reblogged this from acutestyle
- eveningsociety answered: It will likely be hard to give it a more ‘fixed’ shape, but take a steamer to any creases or take it to JJ Hats and have ‘em take a look.
- rafiel said: I think it looks like the crown is a bit tall (sorry, don’t know if that’s what it’s actually called, I just know it’s not the brim). Try pulling the hat back a bit on your head, might make it to look like it’s not as big.. Hope that helps.
- rafiel likes this
- evolutionofagentleman answered: Eric, once you get it sized for your head it is going to look fresh as hell. You can definitely pull it off.
- evolutionofagentleman likes this
- inmybusiness reblogged this from acutestyle
- goneril-and-regan said: I love this. How many people can pull this off? Nice.
- goneril-and-regan likes this
- twilitview likes this
- acutestyle posted this